Recommended Products and Resources for your Dog
The following are products that I personally have used and recommend. I’ve included everything from recommended puppy and dog foods, treats, dog toys, grooming equipment, training gear, the best dog beds, and more.
Note: I will only recommend products, services, etc., that I have personally used. Some of the products I recommend are affiliate links that I make a small commission on if you purchase via the link. It is of absolutely no extra cost to you. I simply sometimes receive a tiny portion of the sale. I am a huge fan of purchasing on Amazon, if I cannot find the item locally. I love their service, return policies, customer ratings and reviews, and the very competitive prices. Amazon Prime members receive free 2-day shipping on most items (not all items are eligible for free shipping).
Llewellin Setter Gear:
- Mendota Slip Lead (pictured). Made in the USA. My favorite lead. I go nowhere without one or five. 😉
- Mendota Show Lead
- Delmar Smith Wonder lead, available at Gun Dog Supply
- Princeton Tec Remix Headlamp. Read my review.
- Musher’s Secret All Natural Paw Wax
My Favorite Collars
- GoDoggie Glow Collars (USB rechargeable glow collar for night time). Excellent.
- Sport Dog Locator Beacon – Green Absolutely amazing little beacon light that attaches to collars so you can locate your dog at night and helps make him visible to others.
- Blueberry Pet 3M Reflective Dog Collars
- 3/4 in. K-9 Komfort Reflective Dee-End Puppy / Small Dog Collar (I prefer these collars and in 3/4″ because a bell can slip on to the 3/4″ size).
Products for Flying Puppies:
- Petmate Vari Kennel (medium – 28″ x 20.5″ x 21.5″). Recommended crate for flying an 8-12 week-old puppy.
- Petmate Sky Kennel (medium: 28 x 20.5 x 21.5). Recommended crate for flying an 8-12 week-old puppy.
- Pet Airline Kit (includes the necessary 2 cups, crate liner, and live animal labels). I recommend this kit.
- Lanca 1 No Spill Cups (attaches to crate door and you need 2 of these).
- Snap’y Fit Stainless Steel bowls (attaches to crate door and you need 2 of them). Note, if you can not find them reasonable on Amazon, I try to order these in bulk when I can find a good price (should be less than $8 each). I get the 10 oz. size for puppy crates.
- Quiet Time Pet Bed to fit crate above for flying.
- Tuffy Dog Toys
- Fat Cat Dog Toys
- Ethical Pets Dog Toys
- Antler Chews for Dogs
My Favorite Dog Bed
The Kuranda Dog Bed is my absolute favorite dog bed. They are orthopedic, chew proof, and easy to clean. The design gets the dogs and puppies up off the floor. The beds can be used inside and out and they come with a chew guarantee! You can add a fleece pad for extra cushion and warmth in the winter. Remove the fleece for summer, the dogs love the air circulation. Kuranda has many styles and fabrics to choose from and they even have the fleece pads, a version to fit different size crates, and even a bunk bed version! You can buy replacement parts and more.
Products For Grooming
- Andis AGRV PowerGroom+ Clipper with #10 blade.
Mars Coat King Stripper. Stainless w/wooden handle. All I can say is I don’t know how I ever lived without this! I use a coarse 8-blade and a fine 16-blade. Simply the best grooming tool I have ever purchased for my Llewellin Setters. Worth every penny and will last years and years. You can also purchase replacement heads.
- Adjustable Height Folding Tables
- Resco Professional Pin Comb
- Nail Trimmers
- Adjustable Grooming Arm with clamp
- Dog grooming harness
Commercial Raw and/or Dehydrated Foods (First choice for your dog or puppy):
- The Honest Kitchen (100% human grade ingredients and is dehydrated–just add water to hydrate and serve!)
- Wysong Holistic Dog Food
- Wysong Raw Pet Food
- Sojos – Homemade Pet Food Made Easy
- Primal Dehydrated Foods:
- Precise Holistic Complete (Adult)
- Precise Holistic Complete Large Breed Puppy
- Pure Vita – Holistic
- Planet Organics
- Nutri Source Large Breed Puppy
- Holistic Select
Products I Recommend for Excellent Health of Your Dog
- Coconut Oil (Read why you should give it to your dog in the article here)
- Grizzly Salmon Oil
- Only Natural Pet Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 20 oz
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth I absolutely recommend giving your puppy/dog Diatomaceous Earth every single day of their life. DE on their food is a natural dewormer, detoxification agent, contains trace minerals, reduces odor in elimination, reduces flies, sweeps viruses and bacteria from the system, and more. It is absolutely amazing. Before you get your puppy, order Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Sprinkle it on bedding. Sprinkle it on your dog for tick and flea control. Sprinkle it on their food.
- New Zealand Colostrum (Click here for a facinating article by a veterinarian and how he now uses Colostrum in his veterinary practice.)
My Favorite Boots
A comfortable, waterproof boot is essential in the field. I can personally say Le Chameau makes the best. It is an investment in your feet that will outlast any other boot. My favorites are:
Everything made by Le Chameau receives rave reviews. The Chassiers and Jamesons are the two I can make personal recommendations on, owning both myself. Read my review on boots here.